About my blog

Email, texting, IM, blogging, heaven help me. How do you keep up with the times when you personally know the person that named dirt? I keep being told you are not to old to learn, well then why does my brain feel like it has been shaken like an etcher sketch?

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Crystal-Lynn

Picture it...Sunday June 30th 1974... It started out like any other day except I was 9 months and 9 days pregnant. I awoke to the smell of a turkey and a ham roasting in my mother's oven thinking what is the occasion, and this is a far cry from the 3 tuna with sweet mix pickle sandwiches with coffee milk I had the day before.
(DON'T KNOCK IT UNLESS YOU TRY IT) This was exciting it was "just because." I loved it when my mom did things just because. So I got dressed, made the bed and said to my mom, man I don't feel well. Her reply, "Do you remember what you ate yesterday?" Oh yea I thought and continued cleaning. Well all of a sudden I felt like someone was knocking and wanted to come in...or in this case "OUT" and then faintly in my head I started to hear...stuck in side these four walls... any one that loves Paul McCartney knows this is from Band On The Run. Well the story behind this is Crystal was due June 21 and when that day came and went and my sister Laura would hear this song she would say oh listen, its the baby's theme song. She would say just picture it this poor little creature with eyes wide open, nose pressed against the womb wall with the hands pressed on either side singing the song. Well we would always laugh and to this day it has stayed the birthday joke between Crystal, myself and my best friend of over 40 years Cindy.
Well once I could dig my nails out of the wall, I went to my mom and said, I think we have a problem, and my father in all his wisdom said, "What about all the food?" I just loved my dad,but I guess when he got "the look" from both my mother, me, and my grandmother, he went and started the car. 
Here we are at the hospital by noon time and then it was one, two, three...six, by this time dad is laying on the waiting room floor thinking about how bad his stomach is growling,  and wondering if he will be able to have at least a sandwich when he gets home because after all it can't be much longer...can it...seven, eight, nine and then 9:53pm I was looking at the most beautiful gift from God a person could ever imagine.
Crystal this is for you:
Happy Birthday my beautiful daughter.  In ways you and I grew up together and we have a special mother and daughter gift. May life bring you all your dreams, but most important may God continue to Bless you with the gifts He gave that made you...YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment