About my blog

Email, texting, IM, blogging, heaven help me. How do you keep up with the times when you personally know the person that named dirt? I keep being told you are not to old to learn, well then why does my brain feel like it has been shaken like an etcher sketch?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Today was truly a gift


The definition of progress: To make improvement; to advance.  All this fits perfectly to this wonderful day with my wonderful husband Sam!!!
We started this day with a great Father's Day breakfast made by "our Maegan" and then it was relax for a bit while Sam had to watch Fast and Furious, ( for the 100th time... I think I know the words by heart) and then it was GIFT time. He was very happy with his new "duds" and picked out the outfit he wanted to wear. Can I just say he proved he was a Red Sox fan. By now it was lunch time and he was given a choice, I would make him anything he wanted or Clam Cakes at Country Whip...Whew...Got out of cooking and everyone thought it was "Father's Day" NOT IN MY BOOK.
Going out normally is challenging since Sam has had his stroke, but today proved that all the leg exercises, even when he didn't want to because he was hurting or just down, is paying off. Once Sam had his feet planted firmly on the front porch he took a deep breath and with minimal assistance from Crystal and myself he was down the stairs in half the time it took him not even a month ago.
We made it to Country Whip and the smile on his face was the biggest I have seen in a long time. He savored every bite of his clam cakes and every sip of his root beer soda.
Once done we decided to take a ride (we have become the "have to travel in 2 cars family") and visited Raymond (I needed some work done on Maegan's car) Erica and Kirstie. We all sat in the back yard, in the shade, and talked about stories from the past and had alot of laughs. So there we were, Sam, myself, Crystal, Raymond, Maegan, Steve, Erica, Josh and Kirstie, Tbone (Rays dog) and Red (Sams real love) the youngens playing some kind of yard game that consisted of throwing something that looked like hand bombs from WW1 and once the target was missed and the fence was hit, I decided it was time to move my chair.
It was a really great time, Maegan's car now has air conditioning and my computer runs better but most important, we were a family, together, and celebrating  a wonderful man that has done so much for us and others, a perfect example of the teachings of "OUR FATHER"... TODAY WAS TRULY A GIFT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment