About my blog

Email, texting, IM, blogging, heaven help me. How do you keep up with the times when you personally know the person that named dirt? I keep being told you are not to old to learn, well then why does my brain feel like it has been shaken like an etcher sketch?

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Contentment

AH, Saturday!!! Sometimes it can be as great as Christmas Morning. I woke up to find hubby sitting in his chair, watching Westerns...(we are from the generation when Saturday morning always meant watching Westerns) he was happy because Maegan had made him French Toast for breakfast, and like music to my ears, he said to me, "Hi Baby!" I knew it was going to be a great day at that moment. You see, any words that come from him are like a great symphony. We stayed in our pajamas until 1pm. After getting dressed and having lunch, he wanted to sit outside on the porch. So out we went, he had his IPod with his favorite tunes and tapping his foot to the music while I sat across from him reading what already seems to be a good book and I am only on chapter 3.
We sat there for a couple of hours enjoying everything around us until it started to get a little chilly for him so back inside we went.
He decided he was going to stake claim to the remote and we spent the rest of the afternoon watching some pretty good movies and at this moment he is watching one of his favorites, Jumpin' Jack Flash with Whoppi Goldberg. Every day, good or bad, is such a gift. 

   
 Always count your Blessings no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment